Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Imagine Me

The reason why I decided to name my blog the Imagine Me Project is because I've been through a lot in my life; it was hard to see me, to "imagine me." I am confident in the fact that the only reason why I've survived is because of God. I'm a work in progress. When I first heard the song Imagine Me by Kirk Franklin, I was moved, humbled, grateful, but most of all I felt hopeful. I know that God is with me and that my past is exactly what it is; my past. Each day is a new day no matter what the day before was like. Right now there's a lot going on and I feel very overwhelmed, but as I was working out Imagine Me played on my ipod and I felt a little bit of peace.
It's actually funny, but I've always believed my sister and I were so different. However, the older we get, I realize we're not that different. The other day I called her and the song she had on her phone was Imagine Me. My sister is really into music/ lyrics and finds meaning in them, so I was surprised she even knew the song, let alone put it on her phone. So tonight I am going to call her and ask her what made her use this particular song.

No comments: